Sunday, March 30, 2014

Battle of the Lord

I haven’t written anything about this because honestly I don’t know what to say.  I think sometimes you can be so wrecked and moved my something that there really are no words.  For someone like me, that's a hard statement. Because there are always words.  It’s the words that comfort me, help me wrestle things out, give color to my emotions and a voice to my soul.  Words are sometimes all I have.  Except when I don’t because of the sheer darkness and injustice of humanity that moves me to utter and complete brokenness.  And I sit in the silence. Because this is when I need the most to be still and know.  Even here, He is God. 

Seek justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with our God.   When Christ came, He showed us how to live this out, what it looks like.  And as we grow into His likeness, our hearts crack open to more.  We not only want more of Him for ourselves, we yearn for more of Him in the world.  And it’s our submitted hearts that carry Him in to a desperate world seeking justice, loving mercy and walking humbly with God like Christ did.   



These are words from my journal from a month ago.  I wrote these words with a two week mission trip to Nepal focused on anti-trafficking efforts stretched out before me.  Today, I am here and one week in on the ground in Kathmandu.  Seeking justice.  Loving mercy.  And praying I can walk humbly.  And there is more hope than I thought there would be. But there is a lot of hopelessness and there is a darkness and sin embedded deep in this culture that is daunting.  But God is here.  And the battle is His. 
 
"Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ... You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you." - 2 Chronicles 20:15, 17
 
"The Lord will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies." - Isaiah 42:13 
 
This is only the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment